When it comes to sports betting, horse racing is one of the most high-octane sports there is. The sheer pace of it brings a massive rush to the fans, especially when there is money on the line.
That’s why players around the world will flock in their thousands to visit live horse racing and put their bets down with a bookie inside the arena.
But in recent years, we’ve begun to see a rise in the popularity of online horse racing.
And it is a heck of a lot of fun. Never tried it? Don’t worry; we’re here to help. We’re about to show you some of the best horse race betting sites in the US, so you have a good place to get started on your horse racing betting journey. Stay with us.
How to Find a Good Horse Racing Betting Site in the US
There’s a lot of choice when it comes to betting on horse racing in the States, that’s for sure. And that’s a good thing for us players. It means we get to be pickier when deciding who to sign up with.
There are a few main criteria you should be taking a look at as you go about your search. Here’s what we think are the aspects a horse racing betting site needs to master in order to be worth our time (and money) or not.
- Easy to use website and app: the betting experience is always a lot better when the site itself is pleasant to use and is easy to navigate. Bonus points if there’s a mobile app so you can easily take your betting on the go with you!
- Great bonuses for sign-ups and loyal customers: why not cash in on some free bets or cash to play with when you sign up for a new account? A lot of betting sites are offering this, so it would be rude not to accept.
- Solid odds: rule 101 for a betting site is to offer good betting odds. That way, we players get the most from our money when we do win.
- Plenty of markets to bet on: to match those odds, there must be a lot of markets offered. What’s the point in being able to win money if there’s nothing of interest to bet on in the first place?
- Good customer support: if you get stuck, you’re going to want to be safe in the knowledge that you can get help when you need it. Some sites offer a 24/7 live chat function, but a phone number at the least is a good thing to see.
Our Favorite Horse Betting Sites in the US Right Now
We’ve taken some time to look at the hottest betting sites in the country and cross-referenced them with the criteria we listed above.
And now, the results are in. We can say with some confidence that the following sites are the best places to bet on the horses.
Founded all the way back in 1999, TVG has the most experience of any horse racing site we know of. That means it’s had plenty of time to figure out the right odds to offer to customers!
It also serves up a really beautiful app for smartphones. You can live stream the races on it, and that really adds to the immersive nature of the betting.
You don’t have to wait to see the horse racing results when you can watch them coming in live!
The official partner of the Kentucky Derby, arguably the most prestigious horse race in the US! That carries a lot of weight, and there’s a good reason why this company is the partner – they offer a fantastic service.
The site has a more modern feel to it for those who are into that, and navigating around it is just that little bit easier. Like TVG, there’s a great welcome bonus for new players as well.
If you like to play casino games or bet on other sports on top of horse racing, you could go for an all-rounder option. BetAmerica has just as many markets and equally good odds as the other options on our list, but it also manages to do all the other bits really well.
Wrap-up on Horse Betting Sites in the US
With the information in this article, you’ll be in a prime position to have an awesome time betting on the races. Good luck and have fun!